We are thrilled to announce the news of a little girl coming this July! It's been a thrill raising Izzy and T.J., and now God has blessed us with the opportunity to raise another. In our previous post, we had mentioned the need for a slightly larger vehicle, and this is why. A larger vehicle will be more accommodating for travel, and also make it possible, and a vehicle with third row seating will allow Kate to ride in back with the newest addition when needed (I think mothers understand). Please pray with us for God's provision in this, and wisdom in exactly which direction to take in choosing a vehicle.
However, despite all of the joy of this news, there is also some concern. When we found out the gender, we were also presented with some bad news. There were three abnormalities the doctor noticed in the sonogram.
1. The baby was measuring a week behind in size (this could just mean our due date is off).
2. Complete Placenta Previa is present again as in Kate's pregnancy with T.J. It is possible that the placenta can move out of the way, but from the previous visit it seems that the placenta has moved to this position.
3. A small cyst was discovered on the baby's upper spine/ lower brain. This can mean possible Trisomy 18, or 21 (Downs Syndrome). If this is a Trisomy 18 baby, the chances of surviving the pregnancy are 50/50 then surviving the first year of life is even less. Very few babies with Trisomy 18 have ever lived into their twenties. With that, the development is delayed, and these cannot live unassisted.
No other abnormalities were observed in the sonogram. This is great news, because no other indicators of something wrong were detected. The heart was even perfectly healthy! This is a wonderful praise! So here are our three prayer requests:
1. We are praying that the baby continues to grow on track. If the baby is delayed by another week before the next visit in four weeks, then something is wrong. This could be a sign of Trisomy 18. If the baby is still only one week behind, then that means the due date was just off.
2. We are also praying that the placenta moves out of the way, seeing it is still early enough in the pregnancy for things to change. Since Kate has Complete Previa, she is restricted from any strenuous activity as of now unless something changes. Please pray that there is no hemorrhaging during the pregnancy, as that is the greatest risk with Placenta Previa.
3. We are praying that the cyst goes away. Cysts do arise during pregnancies and go away with no indication of abnormalities. If everything is normal, the cyst should be gone by our next appointment in four weeks. This is what we are praying for. If the cyst remains, then that is a sign something is wrong.
Thank you for praying together with us for our little girl. Originally we had planned to save the name as a surprised once she came along in July, but so that our friends can pray for her more specifically -we will share at least her nickname. We are calling her baby Brielle. Thank you so much for your prayers. We cannot express our sincere gratitude for your prayers. Please share this prayer request in your churches and with your families. We are praying that God will give us a healthy little baby Brielle, and we know He can!
Keep in touch with our ministry by following our blog. We will post updates of what God is doing in our ministry.
-Souls to be saved
-Safety on the road